Online Career Counseling
Referral fees may be earned for purchases made using links on this site. To learn more, see my disclosure
Online career counseling resources can benefit you in several different ways. Often people don't realize the amount and quality of resources that exist to help with job search issues and career choices.
Similarly, the number of career choices that exist can be pretty astounding once you start to do your research. A little time spent using good resources can make all the difference in your ability to make appropriate career choices for yourself and conduct a fruitful job search.
Online career counseling resources can help you to:
- Understand yourself better so you will pursue job options that match your interests, abilities, values and personal circumstances.
- Develop effective resumes and cover letters that will get you to the job interview stage and one step closer to that great job.
- Understand employers' real reasons for asking difficult interview questions, and formulate honest, winning answers the will show employers why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Learn proven strategies to search for job leads in ways that will allow you to find great job opportunities and very little competition from other job seekers.
- Learn what education and experience is necessary to land your ideal job and how to get that education and experience as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
- Find tried and tested career management resources and save you time and money by avoiding ineffective resources and opportunities.
- Find career options that you have never considered but could be a great fit for you.
- Understand yourself and your skills so you are better able to market your unique set of skills to employers.
- Provide objective guidance and emotional support.
And just a few things online career resources and counselors will not do for you:
- Choose a career for you - They might make a few suggestions, and they will provide you with guidance, tools and resources to help you make a good, well informed choice for yourself.
- Get you a job - Again, they will provide you with guidance, tools and resources to help you make the most effective job search possible, but it will still be up to you to do the job search.
- Treat complex emotional and psychological concerns or addictions or manage legal, financial or medical issues. In those circumstances you would be best served by working with the appropriate professional who has the expertise to address those specific concerns.
You spend hours working at your job, and the type of work you do impacts almost every aspect of your day to day life. The nature of your work affects the way you feel each day that you head off to work, the amount of time and money you have to spend with your friends and family and pursue other interests, your sense of security, your emotional well being and sometimes even your physical well being.
Given that your work impacts so many areas of your life, it's well worth taking the time to explore and use the great online career counseling resources that are easily available to you.
You Are Here
Choosing a Career That's Right for You
Online Career Counseling