Combination Resume Template
Referral fees may be earned for purchases made using links on this site. To learn more, see my disclosure
This combination resume template will help you format your own combination resume.
Before you jump in and start working with this combination resume template, please take some time to determine if a combination resume is the type of resume that is best for you. Combination resumes are a good choice for most people, most of the time, but the article called Resume Formats will give you some more insight into the best resume format for your needs.
If you do decide that a combination resume format is the best choice for your needs, the following combination resume template will help you set up your resume:
123 Anywhere Street, City, State
Use a specific profile that states the type of work you are seeking. See the article Resume Profiles for information about how to write an effective profile.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- List five to eight of your most marketable skills under this heading.
- The skills you highlight should be skills that are crucial to the job you are seeking.
- Be as specific as possible when you write these statements; include numbers to quantify your achievements whenever possible.
- Your most marketable skills may not be the skills you use every day at your current job.
- If you have more than eight skills to highlight, divide this section into several sub-headings.
- Dividing your skills into groups with 5-8 points each makes your functional resume easier to read.
- Some common sub-headings you may use include: Customer Service Skills, Administrative Skills, Organization Skills, Project Management Skills, Technical Skills and Computer Skills.
- Usually you will not place a period at the end of each point in your skills summary because the points usually do not form complete sentences.
ABC Company, City, State
2010 to present
- Use strong verbs to describe job duties and accomplishments.
- Be sure to highlight responsibilities that are relevant to the work you are currently seeking.
- Avoid writing in paragraph form; bulleted point form makes it easy to read at a glance.
- List jobs in reverse chronological order - your most recent job goes first.
- Notice that the job title is in a bold font and on the left of the page. This setup makes the job title, which is more important than the dates, stand out at a glance.
XYZ Company, City, State
2006 to 2010
- Continue to use verbs to describe job duties and accomplishments that are most relevant to the work you are currently seeking.
- If you have held several jobs that were similar, ensure this section does not become repetitive.
Customer Service Representative
Another Company, City, State
2004 to 2006
- Continue to describe relevant job duties and accomplishments.
- Normally you should only include your most recent ten (maximum 15) years of work experience on your resume.
- Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, like if there is no other way to demonstrate an important skill, or if you've worked for the same employer for more than fifteen years (you can't change your employment dates). However, most of the time, in most situations, it's best to limit your work history to about ten years.
Administrative Assistant Certificate
Any College, City, State
- You can also use the heading Volunteer Experience here
- Only include this section if it adds information that is relevant to the job you are seeking
Working with this combination resume template will help you to format your own combination resume. The skills summary is usually the most difficult section to write; do take the time you need to write strong statements in this section.
You Are Here
Combination Resume Template